Onam Celebration - 2012


Onam is a Hindu festival celebrated by the people of Kerala, India and it is also harvest festival of Kerala.[1] The festival commemorates the Vamana avatar of Vishnu and the subsequent homecoming of the legendary Emperor Mahabali. It is the state festival of Kerala and falls during the month of Chingam (August–September) and lasts for ten days.

Right from my birth I haven't celebrated onam. This year I celebrated it with my friends in office by wearing new dress which is purely traditional gifted by my dear Mom Sarooooo.
Saro's Gift for Onam
All my colleagues celebrated by wearing onam traditional wear, decorated their bays with pookolam and shared sweets within them. But unfortunately we didn't plan for anything as such. And that made us feel a lot. And the whole day we were grumbling that we should have planned for something. 


One of my team mates brought payasam for us from home. From then we started celebrating Onam. We took photo together. And the picture came out very well. Unfortunately three of my team mates couldn't join us as there were on leave on that day.. We missed you my dear friends.

My Dear Team Mates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US weather: all 50 states fall below freezing

Love You Great Lady

9 Vaastu Tips for Buying The Right Home