“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”


I would like to share about my passion towards Cooking…. When it started? People who inspired me by their cooking talents....and my motivators ……… only positive comments….

Basically I am lazy girl who know only to eat what my mom prepares…. My mom used to often insist on me learning cooking as it would make my future aromatic (good smelling). But I never did it when she said (as usual). Even when she is not at home I chose the easier alternative - choose restaurant.




During my final year, one of my friends used to cook by herself and bring it to college.... for her boy friend tooo… And her dishes used to be so tasty.... She used to prepare many food varieties. I used to taste it daily and there started the fire.....First dish which I prepared was "Ennai Kathirika Curry"- a pure Chettinadu Recipe and it was tasted by Joe … She told the dish was so good… And she advised me to prepare variety of dishes….

Really this cooking knowledge helped me a lot when I stayed with Udhaya Akka…. We enjoyed our spinster life by cooking and eating… Of course Akka is a great cook… By seeing Udhaya akka I learned to cook fast and try new dishes….

 Another motivator of mine in this journey was my lovable friend  Ramesh in Chennai who worked with me in Amazon.com… He is a lover of food… He likes to taste different variety of foods by visiting nearest hotels…. So once I planned to surprise him by preparing something new to him... I prepared Egg Fried Rice and Capsicum Chicken … Then I called him and told I had a problem and wanted to meet him the earliest… He was worried and asked me to wait in a place near his house…. He came and saw me with a bag and he told… What happened de?.... I told I cooked a new dish and want you to try this… He shouted at me first saying Am I a victim for your dish….Then he went home and tasted the dish and told… Hey Shabi I am really surprised to see you cooking this good….my happiness knew no limits….Also, he told me not to threaten as I did that day to bring him to collect the food. ..From that day when ever he felt like eating chicken he asked me to prepare… Thank you da for making me cook with a love…

I came back to my home town and didn’t have enough chance to cook… But then it was my great friend Aarthi who taught me to prepare cakes, cookies and chocolates… She is the proud owner of YUMMY TUMMY….Thanks dear for showing me new dishes…. Friends you can also use this blog to cook variety of dishes….

Last but not the least I have to say about my dad's comment on my cooking… He is a person who likes to taste variety of dishes but he will not give any comments even if my mom tries anything new…. But !!!!! One day we as a family went on a trip to many places with foods packed…. That day as all my aunts and kutties came my mom asked me to prepare something different… I tried brinjal Thokku and egg masala and served without saying anyone that it was my preparation… Everyone had their lunch and asked my mom how she prepared the dish…. My mom said it was me who prepared it… Suddenly my dad said "Maklae* whoever is going to marry you is very much Lucky to have this wonderful cook as his wife"…. It made me shed my tears…. I was surprised to hear it from my dad… Thank you Dad….
Dad's Favorite Dish - Brinjal Masala :)
 
*Colloquial meaning Sweet Girl

Comments

  1. Awesome work shabi..And thanks for mentioning me dear..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love You Great Lady

US weather: all 50 states fall below freezing

9 Vaastu Tips for Buying The Right Home